About the Worthing Town Centre Initiative
The Worthing Town Centre Initiative Community Interest Company Ltd and the Worthing Town Centre Business Improvement District Ltd are companies registered in England and Wales. The Worthing Town Centre Initiative Community Interest Company Ltd Company Registration No is 03089597 with the VAT registration No. 675 7564 83 and the Worthing Town Centre Business Improvement District Ltd Company Registration No is 06977508 with the VAT registration No 106 5768 08, and both have the registered office address at Bishopstone, 36 Crescent Road, Worthing, West Sussex BN11 1RL.
What personal information do we collect from you and why?
We collect and process the following types of information about you:
- Information we collect about you:
- when you sign up to our newsletter.
- if you ask us to send you information or loyalty Cards
- if you communicate with us (for example, by phone, email, in person or otherwise) to find out more about Worthing or ask to attend a market or event.
With your consent, we process the following personal data which you provide when you interact us. The data may include your first and surname, title, email address, phone number, postal address.
The information is held on Constant Contact and is our email communication platform which complies with legal obligations stemming from laws, regulations and EU Law, to exercise rights in legal proceedings, to pursue our own legitimate interests and in all cases provided by Articles 6 and 9 of the GDPR, where applicable. Processing shall take place both using computers and on paper and shall always entail the implementation of the security measures provided by current law.
Why do we use your data?
The Worthing Town Centre Initiative may use personal data held for the following purposes:-
- to keep you informed about Worthing Town Centre, its events and activities.
- to conduct surveys on what Town Centre users think about the town and would like to see in the Town.
- for our internal operations, including data analysis and statistical purposes.
Your data may in any case be processed, even without your consent, for the purpose of complying with laws, regulations, EU Law (art 6.1.(c) of the GDPR, to perform statistics on the Website’s usage and ensure its proper functioning (art. 6.1.(f) of the Regulation), and to establish or defend the legal claims in the interest of the Company.
What is the legal basis for processing your data?
For some of the uses of your personal data (as described above) there is a legal basis under applicable data protection laws for us to use such personal data without your consent
- to send you marketing communications. You can opt out of our marketing communications at any time through the unsubscribe button at the bottom of every email or by contacting us on firstname.lastname@example.org
- to carry out research and analysis to help meet the needs of Worthing visitors
Where consent is required for our use of your personal information, by ticking the appropriate consent box or otherwise communicating your consent, you consent to our use of that personal information for the purposes covered by the specific consent that you have given. For example, we will only process your personal information for marketing purposes if we have your consent to do so.
Marketing newsletter and keeping in touch with you
We will, if you have given us your consent, provide you with information about Worthing Town Centre, its events, activities and developments.
- On the website, during events and surveys when you tick the relevant boxes when providing information, you can sign up for newsletters or updates. With your consent, we will use your email address as a convenient way to contact you about Worthing Town Centre,
- Can I be removed from your mailing list? If you do not want to receive offers and promotions by email, simply click on the unsubscribe link in any email. You can unsubscribe at any time.
- Will you pass my data on to third parties? We will never pass on your email address to a third party for any reason. However, we may communicate information from third parties in our Newsletter and other communications if the information fits in with our communications and privacy policies.
Your privacy as an individual is important to us, any personal data gathered by us will be recorded electronically and only used in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998.
How do we protect the information we hold about you on your internal systems?
We protect your privacy in several ways: Personal data is entered into our computer systems in full compliance with data protection law, including security and confidentiality profiles and based on principles of correct practice, lawfulness and transparency in processing. Access to this information is limited to those who need access for the performance of their job. We use full login and password controls on our system.
Who will we share your personal data with?
Your data will be stored on a email marketing site constant contact but only named representatives from the Worthing Town Centre Initiative have access to this information via log in and passwords. We do not share your data with any other groups or organisations.
Why do we retain your data and how can you access it?
We will store your data for as long as strictly necessary for us to provide the relevant services to you, or for as long as you wish to keep in touch with us.
What are your rights?
You have the following rights with regard to your personal information:
- Access. You have the right to access data we hold about you as well as an updated list of the individuals who can access your data. We will need you to prove your identity before we release any personal data to you.
- Rectification or erasure. You have the right to request that we rectify or delete any personal data that we hold about you (unless we have the legal right or obligation to retain it).
- Restriction. You have the right to restrict your use of personal information if the data is inaccurate, our use of the information is unlawful or if we no longer need to use the data for the purposes for which we hold it.
- Complaints. If for any reason you are not happy with the way that we have handled your personal data, please contact us. If you are still not happy, you have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
To exercise any of the rights mentioned above, please write to us at Worthing Town Centre Initiative, 12 The Steyne, Worthing, West Sussex BN11 3DS or by email to info @worthingtowncentre.co.uk.
How can we make changes to this policy?
You can contact our team by email at email@example.com or by phone (01903) 203252 Or, you can write to us at:
Worthing Town Centre Initiative
12 The Steyne
Worthing, West Sussex