There are 2 event areas in Worthing Town Centre where organisations can hold an event or activity.
South Street Square is at the junction of Warwick Street and South Street to view the area on google maps Click Here →
Montague Street at the junction of Montague Place – this area has a small covered performance area to view the area on google maps Click Here →
- These areas do get busy at weekends so please call 01903 203252 to check availability before completing a booking form.
- Events and activities that add to the ambience of the Town Centre are given priority over promotional and commercial activities. There is a limit to 3 weekend dates per year for any organisation.
- Events require a Risk Assessment and evidence of at least £5million Public Liability insurance cover.
- Vehicles are allowed if they are an integral part of an event or activity only, these need to be sign written and weigh no more than 3 Tonnes.
- Amplified sound needs to be at an ambient level and not disturb the businesses / residents in the vicinity of the event areas.
- These areas are for promotions only and no sales or cash collections are permitted unless a street trading permit or street collection license has been granted by Adur & Worthing Councils.
- There is no cost for a Charity or Community Event but the following charges apply for a Commercial Activity.
- Weekdays £35 + VAT
- Weekends £45 + VAT
Busking in Worthing Town Centre
We love welcoming buskers to Worthing Town Centre but we ask you to sign up to the code of conduct and apply for your free ID badge.
- The Montague Quarter and the Guildbourne Centre are privately owned and you will need to get permission from the owners before busking
- There is a Bylaw prohibiting busking on the Seafront!
When applying for your busker ID badge please email a passport style photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org
Leafleting is permitted in the Town Centre but is limited to 2 organisations per day. There is no cost to leaflet but if additional cleansing is needed after an activity the Council and Worthing Town Centre Initiative reserve the right to pass these costs onto organisers.